This position will be supporting the Software test execution team for the Enterprise Visibility and Mobility division of Zebra Technologies based in Holtsville, NY. We do software test Windows and Android devices concentrating but not limited to WLAN, Bluetooth, Indoor Locationing, WWAN, Current Consumption and GPS technologies. Candidate would be responsible for validating the functionality and performance of the mobile devices and the development of automated software test scripts for this software testing.
The applicant shall understand the System test Process and all perform all actions including the following:
- Follows established processes to create and test software coding and applications.
- Works from written and verbal descriptions, or defined plans to perform software testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions.
- Performs operational software test and fault isolation on software programs.
- Determines methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, software test and check-out of software test equipment.
- Performs audits and software tests of software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures. Debugs and characterizes defects, provides detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing software tests for product evaluation reports.
- Identifies actual or potential problems in test plans or company products.
- Records results of tests and maintains lab documentation as required
- Works on analysis of processes and delivers results to necessary stakeholders.
- Assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures. Analyzes software test results and makes recommendations. .
- Reviews changes or upgrades to existing designs and ensures software testing is completed for each design Revision.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions on assignments
- Experience with the C or Java programming language
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- WWAN experience is recommended
- Automation Software test Tool experience is preferred (Appium, Selenium, UIAutomator)
- Android application development is preferred
- Experienced with Rasberry Pi and Arduino programming a plus.
- Soft skills include well spoken, self motivated
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or EE required.
- Preferred Work Experience (years): 0 to 2 years of experience.
- Key Skills and Competencies: Quantitative and problem solving skills
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 847.793.6772.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here.