SENIOR UXO SUPERVISOR
At ERRG, we believe that each of our projects are significant and the most critical ingredient for success is our people. Our people provide the talent, experience and passion that lies at the heart of every one of our projects. That is why we can provide the challenges and inspiration to help our people grow professionally and personally.
ERRG’s MEC Division is seeking a site-hire who is self-motivated, independent, strong communicator and dependable individual to be a Senior UXO Supervisor.
The SUXOS position has direct responsibility and accountability for supervision of all UXO staff and all UXO operations associated with various upcoming projects throughout the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a team environment to successfully complete project goals.
- Communicate effectively with others; ask appropriate questions to clarify expectations.
- Accept responsibility for meeting standards of quality required by ERRG.
- Take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion.
- Meet internal deadlines.
- Implement assignments in accordance with health and safety and quality control requirements.
- Adhere to project-specific and corporate-wide safety policies.
- Execute field activities; records and maintains adequate documentation.
- Maintain professional and capable image, while interacting with clients in the field.
- Determine precise location in field environment using a variety of techniques such as use of global positioning equipment, or basic land navigation techniques using topographical map and compass.
- Conduct visual UXO and DMM field search activities.
- Supervise and perform the on-site demilitarization of munitions debris.
- Prepare required range maintenance administrative reports.
- Prepares site-specific standard operating procedures for range clearance activities.
- Assists in the preparation of risk and hazards analyses.
- Supervise the conduct of all on-site UXO-related operations.
- Inspect and certify and/or verify MD as safe for transfer within the Department of Defense or release from DOD control per current policies and standards.
- Assist UXOSO and UXOQCS as needed
- Graduate of a UXO Technician I Course or a Military EOD School of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, or Australia.
- Have the 40hr HAZWOPER certification, along with any applicable 8hr HAZWOPER refresher course.
- Have the 8-hour HAZWOPER Management and Supervisor Training course certificate.
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position as mandated by DDESB Technical Paper 18 (TP-18).
- Possesses an understanding of applicable explosives safety criteria and experience in the various phases of a munitions response to MEC or the conduct of range clearance activities, as appropriate for the operations to be performed.
- Must have completed a 10-hour (or 30-hour) OSHA Construction Safety and Health Training and earned a Department of Labor Construction Safety Course Completion Card.
- Have a current Construction Quality Management (CQM) Certificates, issued through an approved USACE vendor (or equivalent certification).
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of QC and QA practices associated with MEC-related activities and managing and processing MPPEH, including documentation of its explosives safety status.
- Must have computer skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Sift and conveyor system operation knowledge
- Minimum 2 years SUXOS experience.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
ERRG is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.