First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Ref No: 1800001S
Job Type: Full-time
- Partner with various Business Units/Support Resource Functions (SRFs) to assess short and long-term HR needs and provide strategic, operational/generalist HR support to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Facilitate the implementation of various initiatives from HR centre of expertise – (Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, FirstAcademy to ensure effective delivery of HR solution across business lines.
- Serve as the primary interface between HR and the business units
- Provide supervision to Junior Business Partner on how to perform their duties effectively
- Attending the Directorate’s quarterly QPR and periodic attendance of BDO’s monthly MPR
- Identify recruitment needs, strategic competencies and forecast the critical skills requirement
- Partner with Talent Resourcing Unit to implement recruitment plans to hire/fill vacant positions in area of coverage
- Coordinate grievance/disciplinary issues in area of coverage
- Facilitate effective management of change agent forum to support new initiatives and ideas
- Facilitate effective implementation of Career Management initiatives
- Implement planned visitation to branches for on the spot assessment of business situations and HR issues
- Ensure new hires meet specific target performance level and proper documentation prior to confirmation
- Supervise the preparation of reports
- Coordinate staff exit process in area of coverage
- First Degree in law or related fields, higher degrees/Professional certifications
- 5 years relevant experience in HR Generalist with solid understanding of HR policies and processes.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: