- Specialization NGO/Community Services & Dev
- Industry NGO
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 5 year(s)
- Qualification HND, Bachelor’s Degree
- Location Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal and Child Health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration
Application Code: Nutrition Advisor-Bauchi
- The nutrition advisor will be responsible for promoting positive behaviour change and appropriate use of nutrition services and commodities among communities and private health facilities in the state.
- The successful candidate will advise the country office and state team on nutrition intervention design including support on assessment, programme design, operation research and technical aspects of monitoring and evaluation.
- Advise and support the implementation of the national policy on food and nutrition in Nigeria, within the state. S/He will work closely with nutrition units in the state to ensure that the programme is in line with policies, criteria and procedures with regard to food and nutrition.
- Assist the country office in coordination with the government, donors and nutrition stakeholders to integrate nutrition into MIS structures and ICCM policies. She/He will support strengthening of nutrition capacity among programme staff and partners.
- Will in partnership with policy and other programmes, liaise with technical units of other agencies, the food industry, NGOs and research institutions on nutrition with the aim of consolidating emerging scientific and operational nutrition related information into programme activities.
- Collaborate with community gatekeepers and key opinion leaders to expand use of nutrition services in the state. She/He will lead food and nutrition demonstration expos in communities as well as build capacity of private health facilities to diagnose, treat, refer and follow-up SAM cases. CHIPs will be trained and supervised to prevent loss to follow-up among SAM cases.
- Lead training of CHIPs, PPMVs, trainers of CHIPs on BFHI (EBF/IYCF counselling), MAM/SAM case detection and referrals.
- Provide senior level technical support to strengthen the states nutrition governance, including technical review of the states nutritional policy frameworks, development of strategic partnerships and development and delivery of advocacy strategies. She/he will link CBDs with commodity suppliers and small loans through a revolving fund scheme
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in health, FST, nutrition, agriculture, or social sciences with expertise in food policy or nutrition issues.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ successful experience leading nutrition interventions at programme management or advisory support level.
- Must have experience implementing nutrition interventions in northern states of Nigeria
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to lead teams to achieve specified outcomes.
- Must have experience in coordinating project management meetings with state/national stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Must be able to engage community gatekeepers and key opinion leaders on nutrition matters in Northern states
- Must be able to lead and coordinate state wide demand generation activities
- Must have experience leading state wide policy and programme interventions
- Must have excellent writing and grammar skills. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in writing.
- Knowledge and fluency of Hausa language
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate level office software applications, including PowerPoints, word, spreadsheet and databases.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organisational departments.
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and recent developments in the field.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: Recruitment@sfhnigeria.org Quoting the “Application Code” as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address above.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and task are subject to change prior to project start-up. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.