About Symons Ambulance
Symons Ambulance is an emergency medical services company that provides 9-1-1, critical care transport, and event and air ambulance services. We take pride in offering a diverse array of specialties with the goal of being a no-hassle one-stop shop resource for all our clients’ prehospital needs.
We are currently seeking a Medical Records Clerk to perform essential clerical duties . The Medical Records Clerk works as a liaison between our Operations and Billing Department. The clerk reports directly to the Billing Manager. The ideal candidate will be dependable, well-organized, conscientious, cooperative and self-motivated.
This is a full-time, entry level position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Medical Records Clerk Responsibilities:
- Printing, scanning and mailing medical records and claims.
- Organizing and filing medical records.
- Reading, interpreting and responding to EOBs and other insurance correspondence.
- Reviewing insurance data and other protected health information.
- Data entry.
- Handling and processing internal correspondence.
- Contacting employees, supervisor and manager’s regarding missing notes or discrepancies.
- Assist Billing Department staff with miscellaneous office tasks, as needed.
- Executes daily mail drop.
- Other clerical duties, as assigned.
Medical Records Clerk Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, required
- Minimum 1-year experience in office setting/medical office preferred
- Proficiency using standard office equipment (MAC/PC, phone, scanner, copier, fax)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and web based forums
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize (and communicate) errors, mistakes, or unusual patterns
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask without compromising quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively alone and in a team setting
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently, Spanish a plus
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA and medical terminology a plus, but not required
We set very high standards for our employees and we reward those who live up to our standards. We offer benefits, paid time off, performance-based incentives and opportunities for advancement. If you believe you are a match for our growing company, we welcome your application. If you meet the requirements, we will contact you directly. We look forward to speaking with you!
Job Type: Full-time