Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
HR Business Partner
- Looking for a suitable to fill the role of HR Business Partner in the Human Resources function.
- The role is located in Lagos and reports to the Head of HR Operations’, Rewards & Performance Management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
Effective Business Partnering:
- Liaise with respective function head in the alignment of general HR strategy with functional strategy.
- Consult with function Head in promoting best-fit HR value proposition
- Provide support and representation for HR Subject Matter Experts in the functional units.
Effective Headcount Management and Talent Management:
- Ensure efficient and effective headcount manpower planning in line with the functional strategic plan
- Champion the identification and deployment of talent in function of primary assignment
- Facilitate the Performance Management process within the function of primary assignment
- Liaise with Line and Talent Development and Engagement in building people capacity and performance.
- Facilitate best fit Organizational Development interventions in the area of Functional assignment (Skip-Level Meetings, Town Hall Meetings, Spot Bonus awards and other R & R initiatives)
- Implement Culture Change processes
- Act as employee champion in respective functional area/region
- Facilitate Employee Engagement cascade and development of action plans
- Monitor implementation of Engagement Action Plan
- Champion implementation of HR initiatives in the functional units
- Provide apt advice and counsel to Line on talent management, performance management, conflict resolution and other areas of employee relations.
- Facilitate and guide various stakeholders on corrective actions, grievances, conflicts and disciplinary procedures
- Ensure business synchronization across departments within the function of primary assignment (e.g. Village Meetings)
- Ensure resolution of all staff welfare issues within agreed timelines
HR Information Management:
- Design of functional structure in Line with Headcount Management and Organizational Structure policy.
- Conduct trends and report analysis on various HR indices.
- Provide employee information as required by HR support functions, internal and external audit.
- Ensure accuracy and management of employee record
- Provide accurate Payroll inputs (Relocation Allowance, Promotion details, Overtime etc)
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- At least 5 years Human Resources experience in a multinational business environment in an HR Generalist role
- 1st degree in Human Resources/Behavioural Sciences
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM is desirable
- Experience working with organizational leaders to define and execute HR strategies linked to organizational goals
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Proven organizational development, performance management and employee relations skills
- Must demonstrate interpersonal savvy with the ability to manoeuvre through complex situations effectively while building a constructive relationship
- Ability to build partnerships in a matrix organizational environment along with providing coaching/counselling to all levels within the organization
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence senior management
- Knowledge of Human Resources laws and regulations as well as Global best practices
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to project/process, manage
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing the environment
- Ability to develop and integrate HR strategies and initiatives with the company’s business strategies with minimal supervision to no supervision
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input to the Business unit
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- This role has no direct reports.
Skills Critical to the Role:
- Project Management
- Change Management
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Deadline : August 29 2018