Primary Job Duties
SkyWest Airlines, the largest independently owned regional airline, is currently in search of individuals who take pride in seeing a job done well. We pride ourselves in being an on-time airline and are seeking dedicated individuals that understand a deadline-driven environment, while also maintaining high quality standards of operational safety and customer service. As a SkyWest employee, you will be part of an exciting team of professionals that love working in the travel industry and sharing their enthusiasm with the passengers. From the seasoned traveler to the first time flier, we want make each experience exceptional.
The primary role of a SkyWest Flight Attendant is to ensure the safety of our passengers while they are onboard our aircraft. Other important responsibilities include caring for our passengers and offering exceptional customer service while serving meals and drinks. This is a dynamic and exciting position that allows you to travel, meet new challenges, and be invigorated every day as you portray the essence of SkyWest to our customers!
- Ensure safety and comfort of customers onboard the aircraft
- Prepare/serve meals and beverages including alcohol
- Greet passengers, assist with carry-on baggage stowage, and deliver onboard announcements
- Provide leadership in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including disorderly passengers, and medical emergencies
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Adhere to established procedures and performance standards
- Height must be between 5’0″ and 6’0″ without shoes (we are unable to make exceptions due to safety requirements)
- Tattoos must not be visible at any time while in uniform. Examples of visible tattoo locations include, but are not limited to: hands, wrists, fingers arms, chest, neck, behind ears, face, legs, and feet. Tattoos cannot be concealed by use of make-up, jewelry, skin colored sleeves, and/or bandages.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of the interview
- Must be able to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and harness fastened, perform tasks that require frequent walking, bending below ankle level and reaching above shoulder level, open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 45 pounds, push and pull beverage cart weighing up to 60 pounds, and lift, store, transport and reach for items, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- High school diploma or GED required
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent English communication skills
- Must possess and/or obtain and maintain a current passport (and applicable Visa, if necessary), with the ability to travel in/out of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Bahamas without restriction
- Must be willing to relocate to one of our crew domiciles as assigned by the company after successful completion of SkyWest InFlight Training:
- Atlanta, GA
- Boise, ID
- Chicago, IL
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- Fresno, CA
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
- New York, NY (May 1, 2018)
- Palm Springs, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- Salt Lake City, UT
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Tucson, AZ
Physical and Other Requirements
Flight Hours: After successfully completing phase one and two of Initial New Hire training, new hire flight attendants are guaranteed 76 flight hours as a reserve (whether you fly 1 flight hour or 76 flight hours, you are paid for 76 flight hours)
- The beginning rate is $18.13 per flight hour [Base compensation is 76 flight hours x $18.13 per flight hour = $1,377.88 per month (Note: this does not include per diem*)]
- After six months, the rate increases to $18.77 per flight hour
- After one year of service, the rate increases to $22.06 per flight hour
*Per Diem: In addition, you are paid $1.95 per diem for every hour you are on duty away from your domicile.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A FLIGHT ATTENDANT POSITION: All candidates must attend one of the scheduled recruitment events/flight attendant group interviews. All candidates must complete an online application available on www.skywest.com/careers prior to attending a group interview. All candidates are required to bring a copy of their current resume in order to be admitted into the group interview.
CURRENT SKYWEST EMPLOYEES: To be considered for a Flight Attendant position you must submit an online application available on SkyWest Online and attend a group interview. All candidates are required to bring a copy of their current resume in order to be admitted into the group interview.
- Requisition ID
- Flight Attendant
- Close Date