Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
Deadline: 8 Mar 2019 (annual)
Study in: Any Country*
Course starts 2019
The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
*Any approved academic institution around the world
Level/Field of study:
Master’s Programmes in areas directly related to sustainable energy development, renewable energy and/or the power sector.
Number of Awards:
Up to ten scholarships will be awarded annually.
Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- • Undertake master’s-level studies in sustainable energy development. Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2019. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- • Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- • Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- • Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Applications should be submitted together with required documents using the ESED Online Scholarship Application System. Deadline is 8 March 2019 however you are strongly encouraged to submit your file as early as possible.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.globalelectricity.org/scholarship/