First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s premier commercial bank providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services to customers and investors wishing to explore the vast business opportunities available in Nigeria and our business locations across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Asia with various products and services to support your personal, family and business needs.
JOB TITLE: Data Analyst, Team Lead-Branch Suspense Recons – (1800001O)
Job ID: 65372
PRIMARY LOCATION:HEAD OFFICE HEAD OFFICE, LAGOS HEAD OFFICE
ORGANIZATION: TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Develop and maintain secure and sustainable control environment through effective management of Operational Risks, Group and Country regulatory guidelines. Introduce relevant systems, procedures and controls to support them
- Manage, maintain and reconcile all internal branch suspense accounts
- Provide support to Group Recons Hub (GRH) to ensure smooth running of Branch suspense recons operations
- Develop and manage relationships with key internal customers by anticipating their needs, and ensuring that service standards meet their requirements.
- Engage, enlighten stakeholders to drive closure of branch open items
- Carry out reconciliation activities on TLM Corona in line with the unit DOI.
- Timely escalation of open items using the escalation matrix.
- Maintain statistics and volume trend of Recons activities and ensure data is readily available on a monthly basis.
- Carry out account migration activities on TLM Corona.
- Any other work assigned to me by Line Manager.
Educational requirement & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of banking experience.
- Experience on recons application – TLM Corona
- Project Management Skill
- Good analytical skills to analyze, interpret, resolve and change workflow and improve productivity
- Ability to identify, analyze and manage operational risks
- Good PC skills – word processing and spreadsheets
- Exercise clear and sound judgment relating to all aspects of reconciliation.