|System Integrtion Engineer(
Job Title: System Integration Engineer
System Integration Engineer to lead various MSO components developed for Mortgages. These include the core processing platforms for Banking, Insurance, Mortgages and Loans. The application portfolio covers a broad range of technologies (both mainframe and distributed web technologies – .Net and Java) and business domains. The System Integration Engineer is responsible for participating and leading the end to end solution design activities for deliveries and to ensure that the design meets strategic objectives, is robust, is reusable and is scalable.
· Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
· Undertake impact assessment of change requests against applications / products within domain.
· Complete technically-complex assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements.
· Create Functional specifications and Product design documents in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind.
· Lead systems engineering component design for MSO platform; provide inputs to E2E design and define the road map for MSO Product Suite.
· Having the ability to work across different products and technology platforms.
· Providing guidance and assistance to less experienced engineers.
· Being able to work across multiple deliveries at the same time
· Take ownership and responsibility for the MSO product design throughout the whole life cycle
· Establishing and developing excellent engineering practices
· Being able to work confidently with 3rd Party vendors and suppliers
· Demonstrating an ability to work closely with enterprise, strategic, business and solution architecture functions, including the use of typical architecture toolsets, standards and methodologies
· Providing engineering governance and QA input to estimates and other delivery artefacts
· Microsoft ASP.Net 3.5 & Above frameworks
· Microsoft Web API’s & WCF Services
· Windows Workflow Foundation
· MVC Framework & Single Page Applications
· Webservices / knowledge of WSDL – SOAP & REST
· JQuery / HTML5 / CSS
· XML & XML Parsers
· Application servers (IIS 7.5, 8.0)
· OS – Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012
· Version Control Software (TFS/ Git)
· Aware of the history of platforms and can explain how it came to be as it is
· Solid knowledge of all the major components in a vendor’s solution
· Competent in discussing the technology with vendor escalation support team
· Internal and External IT Environment
· Can describe existing technology infrastructure across all major functions/departments and has a comprehensive grasp of emerging technologies:
· Can discuss key benefits and drawbacks of existing IT organizational structure and relationships
· Can describe key aspects of strategic systems and technology development plans
· Can discuss company’s position vis-à-vis technology-related trends and outline organizational implications
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclay’s colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
APPLY & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
*Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.