Main Purpose of the job
To assist the treasury and accounting functions so that they are in accordance with GAAP and audit requirements. This position is also a 2IC to the Assistant Financial Manager and reports directly.
- Market Related
Benefits: Medical Aid, Pension, Training, Parking, Maternity Leave
- EE Position
- Permanent position in the Accounting, Retail, Management sector
- Posted by Makro SA on Friday, November 16, 2018 Reference Accountant & Treasury Manager
Key performance areas
- Manage a team of 8 Accountants.
- Responsible for overseeing 20 stores.
- Review Workflow.
- Review all accounts that accountants are responsible for.
- Manage copy requests.
- Guide the team in regards to AC policies and processes and hold them accountable if not adhered to.
- Manage the Anti-Corruption Level 1 review in regards to petty cash and audit samples.
- Check that all the stores cash journals interface on a daily basis.
- Review of the Accountant’s recon on Walmart Recon Tool.
- Prepare for weekly accounting meetings – Card, Cash and RCS.
- Perform weekly and monthly checks on all accounts to ensure all tenders have been settled.
- Assist Accountants to investigate and resolve reconciliations.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding unresolved queries.
- Liaise with the bank and maintain that relationship.
- Identify training requirements within the team.
- Send monthly reports to Assistant Financial Manager to report on Accountants area.
- Prepare and Chair monthly Accountant meetings.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Manager to oversee treasury team.
- Assist to authorize the cash flow on a daily basis.
- Manage the Corporate Credit Card Process.
- Perform daily authorizing of credit payments and loading beneficiaries.
- Assist with audit requests, ensure no significant issues are identified during the audit review.
- Assist with back-up role for Assistant Financial Manager.
- Manage team’s time keeping and leave.
- To manage non-performance through performance process.
- To manage Team Delivery based on performance plans.
- Foster team building.
- Ensure optimum staffing levels are maintained.
Minimum Academic Requirements, Professional Qualifications, and Experience:
- BCOM qualification
- Vat Knowledge
- Computer literacy – MS Excel, SAP, Knowledge of Open ware POS system (back office)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (Experience in retail an advantage)
- Minimum 1 years’ management experience
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong reconciliation skills and ability to question
- Exceptional time management skills and deadline driven
- Responsible, proactive individual who is able to self-manage and follow up without constant supervision
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with internal and external parties at all levels
- Positive and self-motivated individual
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
Makro supports Employment Equity principles and preference in all appointments will be given to people from designated groups and with disability.
If you don`t hear from us within fourteen days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply before: Friday, November 23, 2018 – 6 Days left, Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.